Oscar 2000 Moments
- Billy Crystal combining the shower scene from American Beauty with the shower scene from Psycho.
- Jack Nicholson being in every single reaction shot, leering like an octogenarian lech.
- That weird woman who ran through the auditorium at the beginning and sat on Clint Eastwoord.
- Almost no screen time for Gwyneth Paltrow, and when there was some she looked like she was having a right old strop.
- My mate Tara being thanked in Sam Mendes Oscar speech.
- Annette Benning winning absolutely nothing despite everyone else around her (her co-cast, her husband, her unborn child) being showered in accolades.
- Warren Beatty being unable to form coherent sentences during his acceptance speech.
- Angelina Jolie having really weird hair and some kind of unsavoury relationship with her brother.
- The South Park creators arriving in Gwyneth-drag.
- Robin Williams singing “Blame Canada” with thousands of short-skirted mounties…
It’s a bit of a blur to me. Oscars ended 6.30am GMT. I arrive at work 10.00am GMT. I need a drink.
<MikeWOIFM> Puce? is puce a good color? Or how about Barbelith Orange?
<zannah> i though puce was a purpleish
<MikeWOIFM> I was presenting options.
<Anita> puce isn’t websafe
<nullJason> puce isn’t safe, period.
<Anita> puce is maroonish red — means “flea”
<zannah> puce is cute.
<nullJason> I thought it was greenish.
<MikeWOIFM> puce is certainly not safe to wash with whites.
<John_metajohn> puce sounds like what I would do after eating one of Mikes roadkill pancakes. [courtesy of null]
When I was at University, I was told once to always start with a quote. And I’m even in this one. I’m like one of those names on paint sampler cards – “Barbelith Orange”. How satisfying is that…