Random thoughts on modern culture:
1) Anyone who wanted to Kill the President of the United States would find it difficult since he so closely resembles the upper echelons of comedy incompentent heroes (see Pink Panther movies), that any assassination attempt would inevitably backfire and kill the agent of said terrorist action. Hilarious anarchy would insue.
2) Cult products in a new world order that had a sense of humour could include the “Waco Bell’ chain of subversive fast food restaurants and “Whitewater Rafting Holidays” where you were thrown of the top of the infamous hotel in a dingy suspended from a parachute.
3) Exciting sounding words with new definitions: Lebed – French rebranding of the sleeping experience, Spetznaz – Russian immigrant Hip-Hop Fusion Band with saliva-duct problems, Glock 26 – Eastern European ‘reconceived time-keeping device’ each with a different number of hours per day.
4) Sexy words out of context: IW, IS, Privacy, Information Terrorism, Terrorism
Defensive Information, Furbys, E911, FCIC, HTCIA, IACIS, UT/RUS, JANET, ram, JICC, ReMOB, FRU, Bubba, Freeh, Archives, ISADC, CISSP, Sundevil, jack, DJC, LLNL, bemd, SGC, UNCPCJ, CFC, SABENA, DREO, CDA, SADRS, DRA, SHAPE, cospo.osis.gov.
5) These wonderful efforts have been inspired by lists of alleged Echelon code words: The Register (see also BBC and Guardian). Some wonderfully inconguous entries include: furbys, quiche, Golf, Templar, Mary, chameleon man, William Gates, ladylove, filofax, illuminati, speedbump, Nerd, fangs, Sex, Artichoke and Badger. Badger! Damn it, they’re on to me…