This post isn’t meant for you people. Just go on – sod off. It’s important that I have some kind of record of this stuff for the years ahead when I’m all old and insane and bitter and… Hmm… Sounds an awful lot like now, actually…
- Barbelith mentioned on NTK not once but twice (although admittedly the second one was to try and explain to people what the crap it is), and plasticbag.org referenced in between them… Note – none of these posts are actually about me at all, but still – it’s nice, right?
- Rusty from kuro5hin turned me into a fucking sig! That’s so cool. I met Rusty at ETCon. He kind of rocked. Hard.
- There are loads of pictures from ETCon online, most of which don’t have me in them (thank God) but some of which do. The photos I like most of the whole event are:
- From Matt Haughey: Stewart Butterfield at the Flash Keynote & Jones, Powerpoint Monster;
- From Glenn Fleischmann: Loads of pictures;
- From Cory “Can’t Take A Flattering Picture” Doctorow: General Pictures Plus Emerging Man (I’m the fat spud staring into space); Actually I take that back – this is a good picture of Richard Soderbergh of weblog: Crystalflame.net;
- From Doc “Hot for Jones” Searls: Emerging Welshman;
- For the full range of hot coverage the you have to go to the source:The O’Reilly Network’s ETCon 2003 page;
I’m going to end with two appeals – could anyone who’s out there who got pictures of ETCon stick a link to them in the comments (below) and while we’re at it – there’s been talk about how many women were at the event. It’s a legitimate question, but I’d be equally interested to know how many gay men and women were there… If you want to make yourself known, there’s a whole lotta comments facility just begging to be used…