- Pitchfork’s had an interesting redesign that pushes it widescreen and almost unbrands itself – pushing enormous amounts of content onto the homepage
As ever with these things, you wonder if the obscurantism is partly intentional to make the brand zinelike or hipster. Quite beautiful, but maybe more suitable for a weblog layout?
- Foot-based mobile interaction with games
Intriguing one this, and really up there in the embodied interaction stakes I guess. Putting bits of yourself into the game. Blurring digital and real. Intriguing.
- Creating and Marketing Your Own Podcast in 4 Hours..! What do Heineken and the BBC know that you might not?
Really funny! Found via an Adword on Google. Now you too can set up your own podcast with help from our free video and opt-in newsletter! Or – I guess – you could read the page on Wikipedia instead…
- Big news of the day is Technorati’s new implementation of tags and hooks into del.icio.us and Flickr
Don’t know what I think about this one yet – haven’t quite digested it. I think its success basically depends on SixApart moving towards something like a default tagging rather than categories interface for MT…
- Body-drawing communicator for distant partners
And my point is: if this is the kind of thing that Media Lab Europe spent all their time on, is it really any wonder that they’ve had to shut down…
- Media Lab Europe to close
“I imagine it’s similar to the atomosphere that the MIT Media Lab had at its inception: tons of space, enthusiastic students and an experimental attidude that assumes nothing is impossible.”
- The Independent pisses me off in two ways, first by writing something dumb about weblogs as online journals and secondly by suggesting I pay to read it…
Twits. Anyway, I’ll say this again – a weblog is not publishing. Or at least, publishing and journal writing may be loss-leader, but the end result is weblog as communicative medium in public space…
- Composite image of the surface of Titan from Huygens’ descent to the moon
At first glance it really does look like a coastline and some form of liquid sea. I love this stuff. I was gutted when the Beagle 2 failed. Totally gutted.
- A coloured image of the surface of Titan
I don’t really understand this stuff – I don’t really see why you couldn’t take a colour photo. Surely people on earth want to see what it would be like to experience Titan directly?
- Paul Mison on the iPod Shuffle’s apparent disregard for podcasting
Highly entertaining rant which I thoroughly agree with (except for the characterisation of amateur media as always shit)