- E4 to cash in on the rise of Freeview Tremendously good news this – UK TV Channel E4 which carries a lot of classy US shows comes to Freeview
- Kerry on bad film scripts: “Three housewives leave their affluent community, with their suddenly catatonic neighbor and friend in tow, in hopes that a week-long vacation in the woods will snap her out of her daze.” “Part of their plan is to have a lumberjack screw her back to life. Seriously.”
- Ev Williams on the new productivity web-apps… “One interesting thing about starting a company today versus a few years ago: Lots of cool web apps are now available that you can more or less run you company on.”
- NetNewsWire 2.0b45 contains Automator actions Tomorrow is Tiger day. I might burst. Very very exciting. Looking forward to playing with all the sexy geek toys…
- NASA Cassini Identifies Organic Materials High Above Titan’s Surface Scientists believe that Titan’s atmosphere may be a laboratory for studying the organic chemistry that preceded life and provided the building blocks for life on Earth.
- reboot7, 10-11 june 2005, copenhagen, denmark “reboot is the european meetup for the practical visionaries who are building tomorrow one little step at a time, using new models for creation and organizationin a world where the only entry barrier is passion.”
- Making the world calmer through ambient technology A slightly banal overview of some of the work on ambient technology that’s been going on…
- A new CD of songs by the Marseille Figs is available and much much recommended “The Figs recorded a set of demos at Hugo’s Famous Speaker Palace at the beginning of January. They’re available on an 8 song CD, for the very low price of nothing + postage and handling.”
- Hollywood stars Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are in a relationship, their publicists have confirmed This breaks the half your age plus seven lower limit rule and as such is sick and wrong and must be stopped!
2 replies on “Links for 2005-04-29”
This is off-topic, but anyway, just thought you should know the character encoding is set to ISO-8859-1 while the text is actually UTF-8.
There is another very interesting article on Ambient Intelligence, right here.