Skip to the content
- Fox News Live comments ‘impartially’ on the situation in London (48 minutes is the bit you should be looking at) “That these people are, If necessary, prepared to spill Arab blood in addition to the blood of regular — of nonarab people living in London. “
- “The Controversy Over Foie Gras – Does a Duck Have a Soul?” The major question is where’s the balance point between deriving human pleasure and inflicting pain on animals. As far as I’m concerned, there is a point at which inflicting pain for pleasure rather than necessity is sadistic and should be stopped.
- Blast from the past: “Did I miss something? Okay the bicicycle story that Barbelith, Megnut and Kottke have all blogged… what is this?” “I must have missed some inner circle of childhood memory bonding”
- Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock? The Onion’s in re-run territory, but what does it matter if they’re all as good as this classic from the site…
- Wage Slaves – people are being paid sweatshop wages to farm MMORPGs for corporations Webb told me about this about a year ago. Terra Nova talk about it a lot too. Fascinatingly weird, the whole thing…
- ]Ben Hammersley on the BBC’s Creative Archive project “So the question is, why are the creative industries in the UK allowed to take public money, without fulfilling the obligation to deliver publicly accessible value? Why is this even an option? We have paid for it, now let us use it.”
- The luffa – also spelt loofah or loofa – is a subtropical vine which can be harvested and stripped back to make a bath or kitchen sponge They do not grow underwater as you may have expected. Fool.
- TagCloud – an automated tool for deriving folksonomic classifications from RSS feeds “Essentially, TagCloud searches any number of RSS feeds you specify, extracts keywords from the content and lists them according to prevalence within the RSS feeds.”