- Hitwise report that del.icio.us’ traffic has doubled since the beginning of the year I get to hang out with Joshua occasionally at work and it’s always good fun. They’ve got so much done recently and there’s lots more to come.
- Apparently the BBC is exploring building devices to plug into iPods that allow them to listen to digital radio If this is true it’s almost certainly something that’s come out of the part of the BBC that I used to work in. It sounds like a really interesting tactic to try and encourage digital radio take-up…
- A study has compared the acceptance rates of evolution across the world, and America is terrifyingly close to the bottom of the list Britain’s actually a surprisingly secular state, so perhaps it’s not surprising it’s done quite well. The most interesting aspect of the study for me? That the link between creationism and pro-life politics is almost total in the US but slight elsewhere.
- Marshmallow Peeps You can’t get them in the UK – even at Cybercandy. It’s very annoying. They’re evil plastic morsels of deliciousness
- zefrank’s episode today rocks my stinking little world Simon: “He fucking rocks. I think I’d sleep with him”. Me: “Simon, my friend, I think we’d all sleep with him…”
- A Flickr slideshow of the Forestiere Underground Gardens in Fresno It looks beautiful. I think I was reading about these gardens somewhere on BoingBoing earlier today. They sounded fascinating. Flickr as ever, provides…
- In the absence of any bloody upgrade instructions for MT 3.3, I should have followed this tutorial Instead fighting with the damn thing for hours and have several completely non-functional new features including feeds.app lite and stylecatcher. Grr. Waste of an evening.
One reply on “Links for 2006-08-12”
I have screwed up so many installs and upgrades that the last time I went through this with MT3.2 I consulted my MT pro friends and found the tricks they used. I just could not afford to have my blogs (several of them) not working properly because the upgrade didn’t work the way it was supposed to.