Skip to the content
- Delettering the Public Space was a project in which all signage was replaced with flat yellow blocks It’s weirdly decompressing to see these great expanses of yellow replacing sign after sign. Very beautiful. Very strange.
- Last week Flickr proposed limiting tags to 75 per photo and contacts to 3000, and there was a bit of an outcry… Personally, I thought the move was reasonable. You don’t optimise your service for 300 users at the expense of millions of others. However, they’ve found a better solution now, with limits only applying to non-reciprocal contacts.
- TechCrunch’s social music overview is pretty light, but interesting nonetheless… There’s a few names here I haven’t heard of. iLike is a nice little plugin I’ve been using for a while but which has very little traction in my communities. Last.fm remains my staple music community…
- Finetune is an interesting social music experience, which breaks my personal web rules, so I’m not going to play with it… i’m totally uninterested in sites that don’t let me link to things easily and which break the model of the web. I don’t have time for it. Good night!
- Useless Account is the best Web 2.0 site on the internet at the moment It’s genius! You get to sign up! Then you can edit your profile! That’s it! No more! Simple, clean and efficient and really well-designed too.
- I’m having some fun playing with IMified, a range of IM bots that perform productivity tasks for you… I can’t help but miss Matt Webb’s Googlebot IM search interface. That was really nice. I’ve rather missed that.
- John Gruber writes about Bill Gates’ recent irritable comments about Macs, security and feature-development on OSX He actually goes so far as to say that Gates is just downright lying, or at the very least highlyworryinglymistaken. I’m not sure which it is, but I suspect it’s something in that territory…
- Joy of Tech on Gates on Apple parodies the Mac/PC Apple ads in spiralling in-joke reference apocalypse I wonder how many things you’d have to explain to a total newbie before they’d get these jokes. I wonder how many things I’m missing. There’s this guy called Bill Gates, right….?
- Live from the Flickr offices, George Oates and Heather Champ goof around… It looks like frivolous play, but normally George can’t get any work done at all unless that thing is being whisked around her head. It’s Heather’s main job…