- I’m playing a bit with widgets for getting access to Basecamp on Dashboard… Obvious really – store data in the cloud and access is locally with one keystroke. Very interested in dashboard widgets as lightweight interfaces to online storage of data…
- A guy uses a bunch of items of clothing and sleeping bags to make himself look like sundry animals I need Simon Willison to do the one on the bottom right. Too funny.
- I have no idea how or why this Mail.app speed-up tip works, but work it does… I’ll probably discover that I’ve deleted all my mail from the last ten years. I’ll take no responsibility if you destroy your computer. In the meantime though, this had an amazing effect on my machine…
- It’s not every day you see a brand new sort of interface on the web, but that’s what you get at oreseg.com It’s an online video portal with a difference. Not sure what I think about it, but the interface is certainly thought-provoking…
- The d.Construct 2007 User Experience Design Conference has a pretty nice holding page Good odds I’m going to be talking at d.Construct this year. Not certain by any means, but good odds.
6 replies on “Links for 2007-03-03”
> It’s not every day you see a brand new sort of interface on the web.
I don’t think you would have written that in 1999/2000. A day wouldn’t go by without seeing a large number of terrible Flash based interfaces.
Matt – that’s definitely true. I think the reason this one interested me was that it looked like it was the kind of interface that might actually work quite well on a television and could be controlled with only a remote control. Not a bad way to get a daily zeitgeist of what’s good on any particular day… The one thing wrong with it is that it doesn’t switch to a new page with a new URL when you click on a link.
I saw 2 pics from a powerpoint you used (and linked to a few days ago) from newsweek relating to the Ipod… any chance of pointing to the link that contain the click wheel quote.
d.Construct holding page, as seen first here:
I quite like it but it is essentially YouTube dressed up in slightly more interesting clothes. In Japan. Clever but no cigar.
Richard – well spotted sneak preview there. I hate to shatter illusions but I faked the entire whiteboard for the purposes of the holding page photo!