Skip to the content
- The Third Annual Satin Pajama Awards is about celebrating the best in European weblogs… It’s a pretty good way to see what people are writing about and to discover some new sites, and if you want to vote for me in the ‘Past his best’ category, that would be fine too…
- Charlie Brooker on lying just for the hell of it… You see, I sort of get this, but I’m afraid I’m a bit old fashioned. I don’t think that smiling to people you’re not so keen on counts as lying, and I think people who play tricks on other people are sort of self-inflated arseholes, really. Sorry. No fun,
- Grindhouse has been chopped in half for UK release. Kurt Russell’s not thrilled, and neither am I… Nice to know me and Russelly have something in common. You know what would be ace? NFT doing the original film as it was supposed to be shown. Or maybe showing both at the same time at some exclusive large venues?
- The rumour a month or so ago was that Amazon were about to launch an MP3 only music-selling un-DRM’d service Anyone heard any more about this? Also when the crap are iTunes going to start their DRM free service. Why does everyone insist on keeping me waiting for cool things. Very aggravating.
- Derek Powazek on “The Real Story of JPG Magazine” Derek provides his side of the story about how he left the company that he co-founded, and the reasons behind it.
- Heather gives her perspective on the whole JPG experience… It makes me sad that such a lovely idea got soured, however it came about. Very depressing. I only wish I’d been able to write about this earlier. Got distracted. Sorry.
- Where in London would I be able to see a bearskin-wearing wearing footguard of the Household Cavalry? I asked Metafilter (although I also said foodguard which is a bit dumb) cos I’m trying to get some good pictures. Can anyone out there help? Also they’re not the Household Cavalry. I feel stupid.
- How to meet other hackers! I wrote this post over on the Hack Day blog listing some of the ways that people are self-organising around Hack Day. Really fun bunch of stuff. If you know of anything else let me know. Otherwise #hackday on freenode might be a good place to hang…
- I’m sort of fascinated by ‘I Want Sandy’, the personal e-mail based life organising service from Rael Dornfest… It’s not live yet. I think I’m interested in it because my mum’s name is Sandy and she’s totally over-organised. Therefore it has a nice feel to it. That’s a dumb reason, isn’t it.