- On (Design) Bullshit – An interesting piece on the rationalisation for design decisions that people make on fundamentally aesthetic grounds I think it underestimates the value of the expert in knowing what will work but not being able to express it, but otherwise it’s pretty interesting and funny / relevant.
- Colonel Sanders Gets A Face Lift The omni-present feel of smoothed-out Illustrator derived imagery is starting to alarm me a little…
- A New York Times’ internal study suggests starting a weblog to better connect with their audience It’s not the dumbest idea in the world – more interesting was the stuff about putting supporting material onto the internet…
- Malcolm Gladwell on Steven Johnson on pop culture and its capacity to make us more intelligent… “At the elementary-school level, homework seems to be of marginal or no academic value. Its effect on discipline and personal responsibility is unproved… They could be playing a video game, and giving their minds a rigorous workout.”
- The Disney Muppets: why that just isn’t funny (by Caitlin Moran – ex-NME superstar – of all people) Disney bought the Muppets for $30m last year and is now relaunching them. Will the corporation get the show’s anarchic humour?
2 replies on “Links for 2005-05-11”
Hm – I sense an OBEY Colonel Sanders meme in the offing…
Oh that made me laugh!
No, not the thought of Disney making The Muppets.
Caitlin Moran, ex-NME superstar!!