- Responsible adults should always use sexual consent forms It’s the right thing to do. Apparently.
- The Wall Street Journal says Google are in talks to buy YouTube Now that’s an interesting bit of gossip. What with the parallel gossip from my guys as well, you can’t help feeling that this should be a more profitable time to be in social media. It’s raise time around now, right? Right?
- The Daily Show explore exactly what George Bush’s job is God, it’s really about time someone did that. The whole liberal media has been really slack in trying to work out what he’s for. Poor old chap must be terribly confused. Do I sound snarky? Do I?! Sleep deprived more like. Grumble.
- The BBC report on the spotting of the Mars rover from space I’ll resist the temptation to mock and say that we sort of already knew that was there, and instead ask why on earth the BBC or NASA would say that there’s a picture of the mars rover that’s visible from space and then show a picture in which it clearly i
- Why an atheist cares about religion Fascinating video on the way atheists are viewed in large tracts of the US and the way that religion is written into schooling, politics, power and history.
2 replies on “Links for 2006-10-07”
You can see the rover in the full resolution pics of the crater:
I guess the camera team are showing off that they can resolve objects that small from orbit, which is pretty neat.
My favourite photo of Mars is still Viking’s view across the Argyre basin, showing the Martian atmosphere:
Did you spot that the UK broadcast editions of the Daily Show finally got rid of the blurred-out Comedy Central graphic from the bottom right of the picture?