My life has been a bit strange and a bit strained recently, as anyone who knows me will be able to testify. There are a lot of reasons that I haven’t really been keeping this site particularly up to date, brain strain and stress aren’t the only ones (and I’ll talk about the rest of them sometime soon), but they’re definitely among them. Anyway, with the sun out and various forms of progress and movement coursing through my head, I’m starting to feel some kind of end to the crapulence and am starting to stretch out in various directions trying to work out what I can do with all the great swathes of frustrated energy that I’ve previously been turning almost totally inwards on myself.
My latest scheme, as of this evening, is to try and start thinking about some things that I’d just really like to do that I actually could probably get done and which would be experientially rewarding. I’m not talking about going and killing a hobo or toppling government or anything, just things that I’ve maybe always thought might be quite interesting to do, but I’ve never motivated myself to get out of bed and actually do.
My list so far is pretty small, and doesn’t include things I’d like to buy (own home would be nice but never going to happen at this rate). So here we go. Some things I’d really quite like to do:
- I’d like to go on a helicopter ride over London and take photos. In fact I’d like to go exploring a lot more and take a bunch of photos. I keep looking at my photos of Las Vegas and getting a sense of how fucking cool it was to see those things and how I’d like to see more super awesome things and crystalise them into pixels and keep them on the Internet forever. Feel the same way? Let me know!
- I want to get a man-facial—perhaps here or here—because I’ve never had one and I think it would be bloody interesting and/or weird and also because if you look right close up at the big versions of my recent weird headshots all you can see are big blackheads the size of Kent and I don’t care if you think it’s because I’m gay, because it’s pathetic enough for straight men not to do things because people might think they’re gay. Worse still for those of us who actually are.
- I want to go and see Spider-man 3 in the cinema on pretty much the day it comes out at the biggest bloody cinema that I can find with a whole bunch of the people I like most in the world. And I want popcorn. And I want a big vat of coke. And I don’t bloody care if it’s going to suck. And I don’t want people complaining that the cinema is crowded. And I want good seats in the middle, somewhere between row ten and row thirty.
- I want to go to the Fat Duck and have the super ridiculous tasting menu. With nice people. And I want to dress up a bit.
- I’d really like to learn how to Scuba-dive at some point too. And go to Burning Man. And PopTech. Also I want to go to the Far East, Egypt and the mud mosque of Djenne. But maybe that’s something for another time.
And while I’m on the subject, even though I said this wasn’t about buying things, I’d quite like to get this bicycle and potter around on it, even though apparently it’s a women’s bike and no man worth his salt would be seen on it. And I’d like to get this poster and frame it. And I’d like this case for my camera and finally own my own personal copy of Creative Suite 3. But maybe that’s another story for another day.